Local Candidate Info & Campaign Finance

In order to run for office, you must:

  • be a registered voter of Westfield  (Am I Registered to Vote?)
  • for ward offices, you must live in the ward where you are running
  • be nominated by obtaining the signatures of 50 registered of voters in your ward (for offices elected by ward)
  • be nominated by obtaining the signatures of 50 registered of voters in the city (for offices elected citywide)

Obtaining Nomination Papers:

Westfield City Hall is open for business beginning April 20, 2021.  Please abide by CDC guidelines by wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart, using hand sanitizer upon entering and respecting the occupancy limit of one customer at a time in the City Clerk's office.

The City Clerk's Office will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Nominations papers will be available for Candidates or designee of candidate beginning Monday, April 5, 2021 and up to 5 PM, Friday, July 30, 2021.   

For more information, please refer to the links below:

Write-In/Sticker Campaign

Guide for Candidates for Write-In/Sticker Campaign

Campaign Finance

Campaign Finance Reports

All candidates vying for a spot in a municipal or school position must submit a finance report for their campaign. If you have any questions or concerns about these reports, or want to know more information regarding campaign finance, please contact the Office of Campaign & Political Finance (OCPF) at 617-979-8300.

How to Dissolve a Committee

For municipal candidates who are no longer candidates and/or elected officials, please remember to dissolve your committees and bank accounts properly.

Dissolution Instructions from Office of Campaign & Political Finance