Local Candidate Info & Campaign Finance
In order to run for office, you must:
- be a registered voter of Westfield (Am I Registered to Vote?)
- for ward offices, you must live in the ward where you are running
- be nominated by obtaining the signatures of 50 registered of voters in your ward (for offices elected by ward)
- be nominated by obtaining the signatures of 50 registered of voters in the city (for offices elected citywide)
Obtaining Nomination Papers:
Westfield City Hall is open for business beginning April 20, 2021. Please abide by CDC guidelines by wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart, using hand sanitizer upon entering and respecting the occupancy limit of one customer at a time in the City Clerk's office.
The City Clerk's Office will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nominations papers will be available for Candidates or designee of candidate beginning Monday, April 5, 2021 and up to 5 PM, Friday, July 30, 2021.
- Prior to coming to Westfield City Hall (59 Court Street, Westfield, MA 01085), please complete, print and "hand" sign the 2021 Statement of Office Sought form
- 2021 Municipal Election Calendar-UPDATED 3-19-21
- Informational Guide for Candidates Running for Municipal Office
- Office of Campaign Political Finance (OCPF) Guide for Local Candidates
All candidates vying for a spot in a municipal or school position must submit a finance report for their campaign. If you have any questions or concerns about these reports, or want to know more information regarding campaign finance, please contact the Office of Campaign & Political Finance (OCPF) at 617-979-8300.
- Campaign Finance Guide for Local Election Officials-Extensive
- OCPF: Tutorial for municipal candidates
How to Dissolve a Committee
For municipal candidates who are no longer candidates and/or elected officials, please remember to dissolve your committees and bank accounts properly.