Westfield Community Development
Community Development’s mission is to bring people and businesses to the City of Westfield and to grow its local economy and retention rates through a friendly and supportive community.
The Director of Community Development and Planning shall be responsible for policy direction and coordination of the city’s activities in the general areas of economic development, planning, human services, housing and renewal.
The department participates in a wide variety of activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Administration of the City’s Community Development Block Grant Program.
- Provision of staff services to the Westfield Planning Board.
- Economic Development Planning assistance including revolving loan fund programs.
- Industrial park planning and land assembly and marketing.
- Open space preservation and planning.
- Agricultural preservation and planning.
- Infrastructure planning and administration.
- Downtown revitalization planning.
If you and your company or organization need assistance or information on any of these themes, please call (413) 572-6246 to speak with Peter Miller, Director of Community Development. We look forward to working with you.
For more information about making the City of Westfield the new home your business, see Westfield Development.
To find information about purchasing a residence in Westfield, see the 'Buy Westfield Now' Program.
To see what makes Westfield an exceptional place to live, work and play, visit "Go Westfield".
We hope to see you soon and look forward to our future endeavors together!