Are you interested in working at the polls on Election Day?
There is nothing more important to democracy than free and fair elections. By becoming a poll worker, you will help ensure that all registered voters are able to exercise their right to vote freely, without obstruction or influence. As an Election Day poll worker, you will work with a team, and each team member will have their own important role. Together, you will help the City of Westfield have a successful and efficient Election Day. Election Day poll workers will receive a stipend for their day of service to our City.
Election Day poll worker minimum requirements:
- Be a registered voter in Massachusetts
- Be available to work Election Day for one of the following shifts: 6:30 AM to 1:40 PM or 1:30 PM to 8:30 PM (or later).
Preliminary Election: Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 19, 2023 (7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.)
General Election: Tuesday, NOVEMBER 7, 2023 (7:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.)
- Be able to assist with a variety of election-day duties, including (but not limited to)
1. Identifying the voters as eligible
2. Assisting voters when necessary
3. Assuring that the election laws of the state are followed
All poll workers are subject to very specific rules/guidelines/policies and will receive training prior to working an election.
The City of Westfield's City Clerk's Office employs approximately 130 poll workers per election, across our 6 Wards (containing 12 precincts). If you are interested in joining our team, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 413-642-9306 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.