"I Voted" Sticker Design Competition
CALLING ALL LOCAL STUDENT ARTISTS!
All K-12 students in Westfield, MA are invited to participate! This includes public school, private school, homeschool and students who live in the Westfield but go to school elsewhere.
Our panel of judges will select a group of winning designs, and the general public will vote on a favorite.
The design with the most votes will be used in Westfield election materials and will be hung in the City Clerk’s Office.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entry period begins October 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- All entries must include a completed design template and entry form
- The entry form must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian or contain an affirmation that the entrant is age 18 or over.
- Entry period begins October 1, 2023 and ends December 31, 2023.
- Digital entries must be submitted via the online submittal form
- Physical entries can be dropped off at 59 Court Street, Room 210 or in the white drop box, by the ramp entrance of City Hall.
- A completed entry form must accompany the sticker design.
- All Westfield, MA students in grades K-12 during the 2023-2024 school year (including Virtual and Homeschooled students).
- Circular “I Voted” sticker design (will be resized to fit a two inch (2”) diameter sticker)
- Hand rendered and digital designs accepted
- Digital submissions should have a minimum resolution of 300 ppi
- Hand rendered submissions should be drawn on white paper
- Designs should be nonpartisan and should not reference any political group
- Designs can only include, black, red, white, and blue colors.
- Designs must be original work and cannot use or reuse any imagery that is not theirs (no clip art or copyrighted imagery)
- Only one entry per student may be submitted.
- Designs will be evaluated by a panel of judges who will select the finalists using the following criteria:
- Artistic skill and excellence
- Meaningful and consistent theme
- Uniqueness of the design
- Begins on February 1, 2024-February 28, 2024.
- An individual may vote only once on a design from the selected finalists.
- The design that receives the most votes from the general public will be the winner. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the judges’ overall scores of the finalists.
- Ownership All original artwork submitted will become the property of the City of Westfield and will not be returned to the entrant.
- By submitting a design entry, you agree and consent to the use of your design, name, school name, your photograph, and a photograph of your artwork to be used by the City of Westfield in connection with this contest and its related marketing activities, in any media format or channels now known or hereafter invented, in any and all locations, without any payment to or further approval from you.
- By submitting a design entry, you give Westfield City Clerk’s Office permission to adjust, crop, brighten or make other minor edits to the image without changing its overall image to meet printing requirements.
- By submitting your original artwork, you agree that your consent is final and cannot be revoked.
- By submitting your original artwork, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of these rules and to the release of liability described herein.