- Boards & Commissions
Boards & Commissions
The City of Westfield believes local government works best when citizens are involved and engaged in their communities. We're always looking for volunteers to provide knowledge and expertise, and enhance communication between the residents, city staff and elected officials. Service on a board of commission can be a rewarding new experience and is an excellent way to make a positive difference in our community.
Information for Potential Committee Members
On each Committee page there is information on the makeup of the committee, overview and requirements for members as well as previous agendas and minutes.
All committee meetings are open to the public and are posted at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting on our Public Meetings Calendar and on our Meeting Notice Bulletin Board by the Handicap Entrance of City Hall.
The Application Form is available online and at the City Clerk's Office (room 210).
Attaching your resume is requested and helpful. Completed Applications should be returned to the City Clerk's Office and will be forwarded to the Mayor's Office.
The following basic criteria, guide appointing authorities in identifying applicants have the qualities and abilities that will facilitate the specific work of a board and commission.
- Applicants must live in Westfield, MA unless stated on the committee's web page.
- Members of appointed committees should be people of competence, good will and sound and objective judgement. They should be sensitive to the long-term as well as immediate impact of their decisions and recommendations.
- Members must be willing and able to devote the time and energy necessary to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Membership on some committees requires particular expertise, which is described on an individual committee's web page.
Some committees have associate, non-voting members as well as full members. On those committees, vacancies on the full committee are typically filled from the pool of associates.
Open Meeting Law Guide
Guide for Members of Public Boards and Commissions
Board and Commission Vacancies
- Board of Assessors
- Board of Health
- Board of Public Works
- Board of Registrars
- Cable Television Commission
- Commission for Citizens with Disabilities - 1
- Community Preservation Committee
- Conservation Commission
- Council on Aging Board - 1
- Cultural Council - 4
- Fire Commission
- Historical Commission
- License Commission
- Municipal Light Board
- Off-Street Parking Commission
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Board
- Police Commission
- Public Safety Communications Commission
- Retirement Board
- School Committee
- Traffic Commission
- Water Commission
- Westfield Airport Commission
- Westfield Housing Authority - 1
- Westfield Redevelopment Authority
- Youth Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>